The convention is just a few days away and I am looking forward to meeting the other At-Home Dads. The people that I’ve talk with have been great. They’ve been great about getting me in touch with others who are going and getting a roommate for the convention.
The Featured Speakers are:
- Dr. Rene Hackney, parenting and child development specialist and founder and creator of Parenting Playgroups. She will provide a 2-hour morning workshop for all attendees.
- Dr. Carl Siegel, clinical psychologist and episicopal clergyman who is a specialist in relationship therapy and the emotional development of men who is the Executive Director of The Imago Center of Washington DC.
- Dr. Brad Harrington, executive director of the Boston College Center for Work & Family and lead author of 3 studies on fatherhood, most recently on at-home dads, called The New Dad.
- Jeremy Hilton, Military Spouse of the Year for 2012 who is an at-home dad and advocate for military families impacted by illness and disability.
- Bruce Tretter, creator of a series videos and picture books of quick and easy meals called Gotta Eat, Can’t Cook.
- Sheila Murphy, Career Counselor with FlexForce Professionals will talk about the transition from at-home dad to working dad
Sunday there is a side trip to the Space Shuttle Discovery out at the Udvar-Hazy Air & Space Museum next to Dulles Airport.
Even though I am looking forward to the convention it will be strange not seeing G make silly faces at me and give me the look.