I’ve been using a standing desk for a couple of day. One I built with the help of my father-in-law. 2 recycled kitchen cabinets, nails, extra hardware, recycled boards and a 7ftx3ft1.75in door; all for $60.00.
My father-in-law rounded of the corners of the door and I still need to finish staining the ends.
Here are my first thoughts:
- Yes it does seem to be a good idea.
- My back hurts.
- My legs hurt.
- I do get up and move around more. – Mostly because I need to stretch out my legs and back
- You do need a chair! A break from standing is a good idea.
- FLOOR MAT! Get something soft to stand on.
- Don’t stand still, get some movement going. Stand on your toes every so often.
I’ll let you know how I feel in a week or two.